Who I’m fundraising for this year
I did a lot of soul searching the last couple of weeks and I finally decided who I’m fundraising for in the 2019 Cleveland Marathon... and for all future marathons. Once again, I’ll run through the streets of Cleveland in bright pink and represent the organization that is near and dear to my heart: Bright Pink.
Why run for the organization that I’ve already fundraised for two years instead of someone new? For one thing, I feel like I haven’t made a big enough impact for them yet and my work with them just isn’t finished yet. For another, the work they do is important and something I feel I can not only help to fund but also help to perform. Fundraising for Bright Pink allows me to share their meaningful mission and use my story to empower women to take their health into their own hands. And I’m so excited to really get started.
For those of you who are new here, here’s what you need to know about Bright Pink, the incredible organization I’ll be fundraising for this year and from now on.
- They are a national nonprofit focused on the prevention of breast and ovarian cancer.
- Bright Pink helps to save lives from breast and ovarian cancer by empowering women to know their risk and manage their health proactively.
- They focus on health, rather than the cancer, to inspire women to practice prevention. Their innovative programs, strategic initiatives and powerful partnerships directly reach women in their daily lives and healthcare providers in their daily practice.
- They are based in Chicago but have ambassadors all over the country and their online programs have impacted women all around the globe.
- They are incredibly supportive of people like me, who share their mission and are passionate about what they do.
I’ll be doing another blog post soon about how this whole thing started and the reasons why I run but for now, I hope you will help me kick off my fundraising campaign by donating a few bucks to an organization that’s trying to save lives. Donate now.